As I was getting ready this morning, I noticed the cuts on my hands from work were healing. As I observed what was healed and what wasn’t, I thought to myself, isn’t it interesting over time my cuts healed with out me knowing it and so did many things that I have had to deal with pertaining to my life in the past 6 months.
I am reading, The Case For Faith by Lee Strobel. I read a quote:
Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to; or he cannot and does not want to. If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, and does not want to, he is wicked. But, if God both can and wants to abolish evil, then how comes evil in the world?
Epicurus, philosopher
This quote really struck my attention. As I am sitting on the subway waiting to get to my stop to go to work, my mind started to race faster and jump to many different issues. I thought back to earlier this morning when I was observing my hands. I thought of how fortunate I was to know Christ before I knew real suffering. In the book there is a part where a woman lost her mother when she was really young. She thought God was punishing her for some reason. Just think, at a young age, it is hard to understand a loving and merciful God because a tragedy like that happens.
To not know true evilness in this world before one knows Christ saves us from the irrational mind that over thinks everything and cannot except a merciful God to allow evil.
I am so blessed to understand, at an earily age, surrender, letting go and to trust in Him.
Many situations are like cuts. Some are more willing to heal faster or heal at all, with or with out a scars. Some cuts, you do not realize the initial pain when you get cut because it is so mild. Then you see it and all of the sudden it hurts!
A physical scar will be in existence til the day you die. Don’t let our flesh reflect our walk on this earth. Let your over analytical spiritual scars heal. If not, then the spirit become like flesh.
