That night I got tricked into house sitting for my Aunt. I was asked when I got to town if I could do it, but I did not give a definite answer and told my Aunt to ask my cousin Nikki. I guess she assumed...I would already do it, because she called me and left a message on my voice mail that they got to Tahoe and yeah. Grrrr...They have three dogs and a mansion. I can't believe I was complaining about living in a luxurious home! But, I wanted to be with my family. Anyways it was goooooooooooood and my cuz is going to do it for the remainder of the time. I felt kind of bad because my cousin is home from being in the peace core. She teaches hygiene in Guatemala and I figured she would want to stay with her family. No! She was more than happy to do it! :-)
That morning I woke up and fed the dogs and for breakfast I had Lucky Charms, but I don't feel any luckier? (I know I am a dork!) I sat around for a few, then decided to get up and go see my sister at work and my mom was there getting treatment for her knee. It was so cool to see my sister work with her patients. She is all grown up! She is a Physical Therapist. Watching her made me think, "What am I doing with my life! Shouldn't I be in a career yet! What am I doing?" I think everyone goes though this thought process. I asked my sister about it and she said, “It was normal. You just have to keep on moving forward.” Yeah, yeah, yeah...
Later that day I was planning on going to the mountains with some friends. We were thinking Red Rock or Mt. Charleston. They both were freezing. We decided to go to the one that was most cold. We actually thought we were going to be able to hike. Hahaha! We got up the mountain and it was cold! There was snow and ice and stuff I haven't seen in years.
We were determined, so we started to hike. COLD! We stopped at one spot to take some pictures and it was an icy spot that everyone would slip and fall at. Me, myself and I could not stop laughing at others pain! I am cruel! But I ended up slipping and falling at that same exact spot and Allison, my little Asian with the video camera got it on tape. Lol! Payback is a _____! We hiked some more and it started to snow! Then it started to snow some more, we decided we should leave and go get some hot cocoa at the lodge. It was so beautiful to sit there with my friends and sip cocoa, watch the snow fall and relax.

Me and Vanessa trying not to fall!

Allison and I, strike a pose!

Silly Girls!

Pretty Girls!

Hahaha! The struggle to get back to the car!

The Beautiful Lodge!
We made it down the mountain and I dropped my friends off at their destinations. Then I went go meet my sister to hangout. We went out to dinner, at Fizoli's. This place is cool, it is Italian fast food! I have never seen an Italian fast food place! The food was pretty decent. Next we headed off to Nordstrom’s Rack. Big, big mistake! Eating 3 different kinds of pasta and then going and trying on clothes is never fun. Not cool.
The night was over and I went home to watch a movie with my parents. I fell asleep on the couch until 2am, always a bad idea. And today, I am going to get my driver's license renewed, a smog check, visit with my Nana, have lunch with Omar and try to see Mike and Becca. Busy, busy day.

2 comments:
love it! I've created a monster!!!
that lodge is beautiful!!! ahh!! :) i can smell the fire from the fireplace as i look at it...
Post a Comment