Sunday, December 17, 2006

Psalm 60

There are so many great things happening in life that spur off of many unfortunate incidents. Life is moving faster than I can blog. Ahhhhhhh! This is going to be a long one!

Anyways... Praise report!!!

My brother Robert is an amazing man; he has just been having some troubles in life lately. His wife, my sister-in-law Dina, is an amazing woman with the most merciful, strong willed heart that I could ever imagine. She has stood by my brother through all his interesting ventures through their marriage.

On December 5th, my mother called me hysterical and said she was on her way to the hospital. My mind went crazy thinking it was her, my sister, father, who....

To anyone who is in an accident or running to the hospital, please don't ever start a conversation like that. My heart felt like it was falling on the first drop of a sky high rollercoaster.

The problem was my brother. He was in a car accident. At this time there weren't many details except Robert had to be cut out of the car. I started to cry… but not, then I was confused because, wait...what, I didn’t want to get too worked up before I knew all the details, cause, yeah…but how guilty does one's heart feel when you haven't had a forgiving heart toward someone who needs it? Especially family! (Personal problem)

My mom finally got to the hospital and found Dina. My dad was in Texas on a business trip trying to get home and he was a wreck. These happenings reminded me of a sermon that Britt Merrik did. He spoke on fathers. When Britt was crushed by a car the only person he wanted physical was his daddy. Now you would have to listen to the sermon to find out the hour long message that God is our father and that is who we should call to, very good sermon by the way. Plus when you want your daddy you want your daddy.

Through the night as Dina and my mother found out more about Robert's condition it wasn't as bad as it could have been. He was really fortunate because nothing else was wrong with him except for his leg, and only by the grace of God he did not loose his leg in the accident. Robert needed to have 2 surgeries to reconstruct the bones in his leg, which brings us to a big problem. Morphine, drugs, when you are going through a program to get off of drugs, going into the hospital and getting pain killers probably isn't the greatest thing to do. At first Robert didn't want drugs but the doctors told him he would be in a lot pain and wouldn't heal as fast. As for me, I would say, "Drugs please!"

Robert pulled through the surgery with flying colors. They put his leg bone back together and I believe he has to have those pin things sticking in it. Ouch! I couldn't really handle all the gory details, so I got nothing!

After my brother got out of the hospital and was able to go home, he was not able to work because he really can't walk, duh! So where do you turn when you are in a time of need? Well in my immediate family our hearts and eyes, you turn to the church.

My father took my brother to our church in Vegas and was able to get his family set up with a program they have for families in need. I can't remember what exactly it is called, but I think the program is amazing because they give you food, support and many other things. One of the suggestions, you could say for accepting food/support is attending church every week. Yeah! When I talked to my mom on Saturday, Robert, Dina and my 3 nephews were attending church! I felt so joyous that God had worked in this way to bring them closer to him. It showed me things that are in His plan may not make sense to our little minds but it all works for good. I know my hard times of heart ache have made me calmer, sensible, wiser, understanding, est.

With this situation, I can't figure things out really and I don't want to. Let go and let God. Trust him.

As I talked to my mom more, we started to talk about Brandon. Each of my nephews bring their own special flair to my life, I love it!

When Brandon was younger he would always give me bear hugs, we would play video games, hang out and the times he stayed over at our house he wouldn't sleep anywhere but with me. Now, when he got older that had to change, but as the sleepovers lasted with him hogging the bed and Aunt Cassie not getting any sleep because she would be smacked in the face every hour, with a knee in the back and a long unusual snoring bit. You could say this is one of the greatest memories I have.

Brandon is 12 now and has always been in my prayers because I can relate about a biological father thing (different, long, story). He is so smart, amazing and puts so much warm fuzziness in my heart, that he is one of the reason's I would want to have boy's if God chooses to give me a family of my own some day. Plus, I kind of like to ruff house, play sports, go to air show and build things when I have time and money! But on the other hand I am a total girlie girl. Huh…anyways, back to Brandon. This kid is on fire for the Lord. It blows my mind how God is working in his life.

When my father went to Promise Keepers with my other brother Jeff, Brandon went! At the age of 11!!! He is having conversations with my father, saying, "Grandpa, I am worried I won't see my Mom in heaven." "Kids at school, kind of make fun of me when I tell them I am a Christian." Of coarse my Dad says, "You want to be around good friends whom except you and who are sharing your Christian faith." 12 years old! I cry with joy, thinking God is so wondrous and merciful to plant this brilliant light in this family of mine, with such passion for loving and understanding so much more than most human’s do, while not having a strong Christian household to live in! Now, I already see an amazing truth coming out into the wood works. My brother, Robert is questioning, "Why is Brandon hanging out with MY Dad so much and loving this God thing?" Ding, ding, ding, curiosity kills the cat! And that is what my Brother and his family need, they need to die to theirs selves and live for the Lord. I see Brandon as a leader, who can lead his 2 young brothers, which look up to him, his father and step mother into the light!

Yesssssssssssssssssss!

I can't wait to get home and give my nephew a bear hug and just love on him, praise and encourage him for his faith in the Lord! I am so excited to go home and love on all my family!

There is so much more that I could type! But I am a little tired of typing and life is calling me to attend to it’s duties of the final week at Brooks.

God is glorious! I ask, please keep my family in your prayers!

Psalm 60

1 You have rejected us, God, and burst upon us;
you have been angry—now restore us!

2 You have shaken the land and torn it open;
mend its fractures, for it is quaking.

3 You have shown your people desperate times;
you have given us wine that makes us stagger.

4 But for those who fear you, you have raised a banner
to be unfurled against the bow.

5 Save us and help us with your right hand,
that those you love may be delivered.

6 God has spoken from his sanctuary:
"In triumph I will parcel out Shechem
and measure off the Valley of Sukkoth.

7 Gilead is mine, and Manasseh is mine;
Ephraim is my helmet,
Judah is my scepter.

8 Moab is my washbasin,
on Edom I toss my sandal;
over Philistia I shout in triumph."

9 Who will bring me to the fortified city?
Who will lead me to Edom?

10 Is it not you, God, you who have now rejected us
and no longer go out with our armies?

11 Give us aid against the enemy,
for human help is worthless.

12 With God we will gain the victory,
and he will trample down our enemies.

No comments: