Monday, December 18, 2006

My life is never dull...

This weekend was crazy! By the time Sunday night came around I am exhausted. I got off of work last night and made it home around 1:30am-ish. All I wanted to do is crawl in bed and sleep sleep sleep! When I pulled up in front of my house, I had so many bags to carry in my house. I had 2 camera bags. an overnight bag, my laptop, hardrive and purse. I wasn't really feeling like taking 2 trips so I said to myself, self just leave some stuff in your trunk. That always is never a good idea. I ended up getting this feeling of uncomfortable loss and fear. So I grabbed all my stuff, in one trip, may I add, and started to pray for protection as I walked to my door. I walked in my door and upstairs to my room, got ready for bed, tossed my clothes somewhere and then crashed! 4:30am comes around and I am awoken by glass breaking. I deliriously woke up. I was really confused on what was happening because I was such in a deep sleep. As I kind of came to, I felt like satin was breathing down my neck. What was going on? I kept on hearing glass crack and shatter. There were no voices, screams, laughs, nothing! The noise was so close I thought someone was trying to get in my house through the sliding glass back door. I got up and rushed for my phone to call 911 if needed. But where was my phone? It was somewhere in my room, I couldn't find it. I looked out of my blinds and couldn't see anything. Now mind you I wear contacts and having a disability on top of still being asleep. I saw nothing! At this point I was a little/lot freaked out. So what do you do when you are in fear? Well, I pray. I started to pray over and over again for strength and protection. Finally, I got knocked out and went back to sleep. When I woke up, I was a little confused. I went outside and didn't see any glass or anything on the ground but I did see a truck with no windows. Yikes! I learned that someone broke into his truck that morning and pretty much took everything in the front of his truck. What scared me the most is it was right next to my window. I am on the second floor out my Aunts house but...

What I learned from this situation is sometimes we get feelings when we need to pray for things. God has been speaking to me through the Bible, conversations and premonitions. I think it is cool because for so long I have prayed for the ability to listen and I get it, now! He has blessed me in more ways than I can count. He is my heart right now. I survive because of Him! Sometimes I don't have much emotion but with God he doesn't let me slide. I am getting teary eyed right now just thinking about how much he loves me. Amazing!

No comments: