Oh Boyeee! I got to NY on Monday and it has rocked my world ever since I arrived. My wonderful Aunt Cathy and her boyfriend picked me up from JFK. First they took me to the place where I am staying. Can I say amazing! I am staying with some great, great people who couldn't be nicer! Christine is mostly in Cali and Bill is here but he travels a lot. When I got to the appartment, unfortunately they were not here to show me the ropes, but... this place is amazing. There are people to open the doors for me, call the elevators form, front desk peps, I have a view of the Crystler and Empire State Building, the east river, I am on the 24th floor and so on.
Anyways, I dropped some stuff off at the apartment and head to Bridgeport, CT where my Aunts live. Tuesday it was really windy! It was the 2nd coldest day in NY of the year! Grrrr... I didn't go out of the house because my face would have frozen off. Plus my Aunt had to take her car to work because she was going in the city. And for some reason standing at a bus stop in 5 degree or below wheather wasn't one of my favorite things to do. I stuck my hand out the front door and pulled that baby in as fast as I could. It was COLD!!!
Okay the next day I would take my Aunt to work and my and my other Aunt, Ginny could go play or something. The wheather was talking about something called snow? I wasn't really paying attention and thought the wheather people are alway wrong. It isn't going to snow. Okay! Cassie is a retard. Who woke up in the morning with 10lbs of clothes on, looking outside and dandruf is falling from the sky! Car/no car, driving in snow/sitting at home all day! I told myself to suck it up and just do it. It wasn't that bad. The snow is so pretty. A west coast girl could get use to this. Ahhhhh!!! My Aunt Ginny and I bummed around, went to the mall, met my other Aunt, Cathy for lunch and had a nice day.
Thursday came and it was time to grow up. This is the day I went back to the city. We arrived at the apartment, dropped our stuff off and went out exploring. We walked to some burger place that was so yummy and Grand Central Terminal. We got maps and directions for where I was suppose to go for the studio and yadda yadda yadda. We took the buses I needed to take to get to the studio and they weren't that bad. Huh? Who knew? We went back to the apartment and I was left all alone. I asked if anyone wanted to make me some pasta before they left, but no one was really buying it. I laugh! I can make my own pasta, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Friday comes, duh duh dun! I really wasn't sure about my venture anymore. I was not in the mood to relearn everything. Getting use to new personalities, names, office work and yeah! Plus, with Seliger you are always working from what I understood! Let's just say I was filling invoices and a bill was really...ahhhh $$$,$$$!
When I got to the studio I was of coarse early because the bus didn't take quite as long as I thought. So I walked around alittle. Man was is cold. I couldn't feel my fingers! Yes, I had gloves on! Thermals everything. The wind just cuts through like, it's nobodies business. Finally people arrived at work at 9am and I was able to go in. I have my own desk with a car, a little Mac Pro, phone with phone extention and a nice big window. I am a Production assistant for Mark Seliger's Producers! How cool is that! I sit in the same office as both of them and right behind me in Mark Seliger's office! That's kind of cool. ;) So, yesterday I started work at 9am and didn't finish until 7pm! Crazy! The day was amazing the Lord was by my side the whole day. I heard throught the grapevine that I would be working for a lady named Ruth, who most like to call RUTHLESS! Okay, okay I was thinking many things before the internship started but God was so faithful in leading me here safely, in the best circumstance and making me humble in every was possible why would he forsake me now? Back to the job thingy. I got there before Ruth which is always a good sign on my part. Oh yeah, Rhoda is the other Producer and I hear she is just lovely. So, I got there early... When Ruth got there she had her dog with her. I love dogs! So it was cute. I introduced myself and we started working. Ruth is a MAD woman! I can't see where she got her name! Being thrown into a situation where you are expected to do things and you have no clue how to do them is very challenging. But! As I have been praying for discernment, wisdom,courage, discretion and understanding, I can feel how the Lord has his hand on me physically and mentally! Let's just say, I rocked it! I recieved compliments from Ruth throughout the day on good work and I think there was a perfect in there. ;) Now, with Ruth being ruthless? I don't know much about that. I wouldn't call her ruthless. I would say she likes to get the job done, NOW! She definately likes to have things done before she askes for them. There is no time to sit and lolly-gag. She may come accross harsh but that is where the understanding comes in handy. On the first day I was able to pick up multitasking in the fastest way with calling and reserving motorhomes, locations, est. You have to ask Ruth if she has time to answer something. So you are asking a question to ask a question. If you get something done that she askes you to do. Take care of it and wait for her to get it from you. Example: I need to get a bill from New York New York Hotel in casino to be filed away. Well do you think anyone told me how to get it? No, I was handed a piece of paper with minor info on it. Basically figure it out! Okay I called the hotel and since it is west coast time I had to wait until 12pm NY time to talk to someone at 9am time in LV. Well Ruth gave me this task at about 11am NY time. Heehee...big sigh. So as I continued on my other research, Ruth asked if I had the bill yet? Hee...hee...he...h...no. Okay since that was cool but when 12pm came along Ruth was on it. She told me I have 5 mins til 12pm! Well, I had to call NY NY Hotel again, I talked to a lady and since I wasn't on the account or I didn't have the credit card #, I had to send her an email from my desk at work and then she would fax the fill to me. My stomach was not happy about that because we needed it now! I hung up with the lady figured out the email system and sent the email. During the waiting period Ruth asked for it again! Ahhhh....I wasn't trying to get killed on the first day! I called NY NY again and they were faxing it over right then. Okay. Once I had that little baby in my hand, I know Ruth didn't want it until she asked for it. So I put a post-it on it, with done written on it and put it on my desk. I was just waiting for her to ask me for it.
I continued my work and anticipated every need. About 5pm Ruth asked for the bill and I gladly took my done post-it off and gave it to her. She kind of stopped for a 1/2 sec and went on her way. I laugh again! If anyone wants to know I love Post-its! I could write, stick them all day!
During the day Ruth asked if I was busy on Sunday? Of coarse I am oh, Not! She asked me if I wanted to be a PA on one on Mark's shoots? Ummm...Wow! I didn't think I would be getting a chance to go on a shoot this early! Some interns are locked in the closet especially a production one? I think? Well, my name is on the call sheet with my phone # and eveything. We are shooting some singer named Patti Smith. I have never heard of her, I think, but names/musicians aren't really my strong point. Plus I would rather not know who they are. It is easier that way.
Next paragraphy FOR WOMEN'S EYES ONLY! If you are a guy and you read this, I can not be held responsile for any trama! So where I work there really aren't any stores and Aunt Flow came to visit. Was I armed? No! Do I have everything I need at home? Yes! Oh boy! What was I to do? I went to the bathroom and there was a mysterious looking closet thing. I open the door and the light of heave shined on me! Everything I need, plus different kinds were in this closet. Right down to the pills! I love this place already. This little closest had everything! It save me a whole lot of trouble!
My crazy first day was over. Ruth said, I had a good 1st day! Yessss! I walked out of the building and I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, scream or shout! I called my Mom! That is what I did, yup. Funny she was text messaging me all day. She is so cute! Love ya mom!
I got on my bus and of coarse missed my stop for my connecting bus and ended up on Ave D. Don't want to go there again at night! I got back on another bus and made it home safely. Bill was at the apartment when I got home and we went a cute diner and a grocery store. Everything is so expensive out here! Gosh! I was so tired we went back to the apartment and I crashed.
Bill is great! Today he took me to GCT and showed me somethings, taught me somethings about the history of NY. He is a very smart guy! We went to a farmer's market and walked like 40 blocks! NY is so amazing! There is just a feeling of unity with everyone. I love it here, so far!
It was funny I was talking to my mom, the other day and she metioned my car. Oh yeah I have a car! I forgot about my car already! Ooops! Wierd.
Gotta go to church! Bye We are suppose to be there at 6pm!
If anything is mis-spelled deal with it!
Saturday, March 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
HA! See you can live without your car... you are whole and complete without it ms. koval! :)
love you and prayin' for you!
Post a Comment