Thursday, March 22, 2007

Oh my! I got out of work on time!

Amazing! I actually got off of work on time, 9 to 6! Instead of working, 9 to 7 or 8. Well, well, well after work, me and some peeps from the studio decided to go to Magnolia's (a bakery that was on Sex and the City) and buy cupcakes. The cupcakes were $2 a piece! So I bought 2 and a mini caramel pecan cheese cake that is amazing! I am eating it right now. The cupcakes were kind of good. After that I and Phillip, a friend from Brooks, decided to go see the Empire State Building. We got to the building and saw a Disneyland line to get in, so that was a negative for the night. We ended up walking around, finding a coffee shop, sitting outside for a while and talking. We talked about school, his wife coming to visit, life and stuff. Good times, good times. After we were done we were on the move. It started to lightly rain. The rain was nice because the weather was at a great temperature, so the cool rain felt amazing.

As we were walking around, Phillip decided to try to find some socks? I guess he ran out? We never found anywhere to buy socks, but we did find a really really big library on 42nd and 5th? I think that is were it was. Anyways, the library closed at 6pm so, we ended up walking to Rockefeller Center. There, there was an outside ice skating rink. I was very surprised to see people ice skating outside because it was raining. Well, it was like a light mist/rain. The magical part was, as the people were ice skating it looked like they were ice skating on water. Hahaha, they were! What I mean is, since it was raining, the water had no place to go and wasn’t freezing temperatures, so it just chilled on the ice. Hahaha, get it, chilled! I know I am a BIG DORK!

As we stood there and watched the people skate, some were falling and getting soaked, we listened to some music that was playing for the skaters, I looked around at the tall buildings with lights and felt the inviting atmosphere all around me. I felt a sense of peace and happiness. I didn't think I would get these feelings so soon. I felt the feeling of complete peace and happiness, which makes you smile with comfort. Ahhhh… but reality check, it most likely will change next week because we have shoots Tuesday through Friday, grrrrr.

The night was came to an end. We walked around a little more toward my apartment and finally parted. I walked 8 more blocks home and yeah.

Final thought for the day: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MS. CLAY!!! XOXOXO

No comments: