I called my first cab this morning. It was pretty easy. You stand on the street and hold your hand up and they stop. Huh? When I got in the cab, I told they guy where to go and batta-bing-batta-boom. I was there in 20 minutes. Of coare, if I would have drunk more OJ in the morning, I would have peed my pants from the scary driving but...
I workded today, boyee did I work. The most icky part of my day was, taking Mark's truck to go run erands. Okay, driving in a rusty truck, not knowing where you are going in NY is insanity. Not fun!
Thank God I got back to the studio in one piece. I ran to my desk and took care of many things at once. Patti Smith arrived and the shoot began. I met Mark and he is a really nice guy. One thing I saw today that I didn't need to see was Mark in spandex. It was a beautiful day and he went for a bike ride. Yeah...
It was time for me to go but, I asked Patrick if he needed any help? I do know my way around a studio. So I stayed 3 more hours and helped tear down, organize and set up for the next shoot. Which just happen to be some guy named Lenny Kravitz. Huh? Well, I guess Mark and Lenny are good friends, so... Anyways I finished my stuff and was out of there. I could wait to try the subways for the second time. NY transit is great but confusing. So, if you are ever in NY, you need to go to www.hopstop.com, AMAZING!!! It is like mapquest but for walking, buses and subways. That is one of my saving graces right there.
I love the fact it is 9pm and I have to be back at work at 9am to continue my 6 day work week.
Thank you everyone for your prayers. They are much needed. This is a tuff place and I can feel myself adapting. I don't smile as much as I use to. :( That's because there are bad people out here that I shouldn't smile at. Bummer.
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like a pretty eventful day. But next time you should drink that extra orange juice and see what happens. Who knows, you might like it?
Post a Comment