Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"Driving away from the wreck of the day...

and I am thinking bout callin on Jesus." One of my favorite lines from a song by Anna Nalick, Wreck of the Day.

In the past 48 hours I have experience a good friends pain and a pain that struck me down awhile ago. Can you guess what it is about? Yes, ladies and gentlemen it is about LOVE, or so what we perceive as love, maybe?

We all have desires, but where do ALL of our desires come from? Well, how I would answer this question is...if our desires abide by Gods law then they are from the Lord. And if we have desires that don't match up with God's plan for our life how do we deal with those? Ugh!

I have explained to many people that if you have a desire for someone and they don't feel the same way, surrender it to the Lord EVERYDAY! Again easier said than done I know. You might have to wake up every morning and pray, Lord please if this desire is not from you take it away and give me the desires of your heart for my life. Be humble and know that he is in control. Important: LET HIM BE IN CONTROL!!! Plus if this person that has favor in your eyes, heart, mind and soul isn't the one that the Lord has chosen for you, just think how much more amazing and in love you will be with the person he does choose.

Desire: A little under 2 years ago I didn't want kids, I really didn't even care if I was ever married. I wanted to work, have fun, travel and yadda yadda yadda, I could always take care of myself and my parents. It is scary now, but back in the day if I ever did get married I would have wanted this scenario; I would want to marry someone who already had kids and was divorced. Crazy! Thinking about it now I cry with thankfulness for what the Lord has taught me through working with children and women at church and having many great conversations about relationships with the opposite sex, who was figuring out a lot of this too at the same time I was. My desires now that I trust in the Lord is to find a person who loves the Lord and wants to have a marriage with ME (very important) and grow in Christ, then having little guys or gals run around if the Lord wills it. A total 180 from 2 years ago.

Right now my ambitions for my friend whom I adore and whom is hurting because someone didn't feel the same way they did, is to restore their a relationship with Christ. When we are hurting we don't think straight or act accordingly. As I was having a time of fellowship with this person, I told them I would pray for trust and strength in the Lord and desires...well they didn't let me get passed that part, till they told me to stop and just pray for trust in the Lord and for the will of their own life. They didn't want anymore desires at the moment.

Our fallen world confuses us on even joys from the Lord. We can have desires in our hearts for people but how far will we take them vs. how far the Lord wants to take them. Again, I know easier said than done and I am speaking from experience. Maybe this person is in your life to drive you crazy and the Lord wants your mind to grow in strength for future Godly relationships or maybe just maybe that future relationship is going to be with that person you have desires for and you both have to grow to a certain places before it happens. Gosh...it could go on and on and on.

Biblically what comes to my mind?

1. Galatians 5:16-18
16. But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. 18. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Let the Holy Spirit be your guide in the way of the desires of your heart.

2. Mark 8:33
33. But turning and seeing his disciples, he rebuked Peter and said, "Get behind me, Satan! For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man."

Pick up your cross everyday and die to self.

3. Psalm 56:4
4. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?

Remember it is not about us. Man can't take away our salvation.


So...yeah...maybe there will be more thought on this or maybe not...

2 comments:

gaily-o said...

Just so you know, I read every post you put in here even if I don't comment. I'll be praying for your friend, too. For peace and understanding.

Cassandra said...

I love it! And I love YOU!!! :)