Friday, October 12, 2007

It is already OCT 12th!!!

Goodness, time goes by so quickly!

This morning I thought it was Oct 11th. I hated to see if was the 12th.

This morning...what can I say that will make sense? At this point I don't know, I'm cranky and scatter brained. Not cool! It was a struggle to get out of bed with a Christian mind set. Bummer----dude, I know!

So...what to do? What to do? "Open your Bible Goof-ball!" As I am saying this to myself with a rebellious mind, Crazy Cassie!

Deep down in the depths of my conscious mind I know what is really going on, some spiritual warfare handed to me on a silver platter, anyone? But to fight it by myself is insane! That is why we have the Word and fellowship! Sweet! So, I start to read some verses in my Bible, I call on the Lord and later I call a fleshly friend who I think might know me better than myself right now. Thank the Lord for that!

At this point there wasn't anything in my house that wasn't setting off triggers for anger or anxiety! So, I had to step out of my box, pick up my cross and take myself out of the situation/environment that was making me stumble. I had to go somewhere! I ended up going to my favorite coffee shop Simone's in VC.

So, when you call on the Lord you have to have an open mind on what he is saying to you even though you might not want to hear it! Ahhhh!!! In times of stress that is not what you want to think of! Right!?! So some advice...stop thinking of your problems and focus on the Word!

This morning I opened my bible and Romans is where I was led. For some reason Romans 12 was marked by my pencil and schedule for my yearly bible readings. I shove these in my bible with no intent on marking those pages. Ummm...s...certain notes I have in Romans 12 caught my eye. These notes commented on the same problems I was having this morning. I decided to take a detour from my required bible readings and study what God has written and what I have written to myself.

These happenings were a great divine appointment that the Lord comforted me with! Sweet!

First my eyes went to Romans 12:9-12 on Love

9. Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

Oh boy, straight to the heart! It is so interesting how you can hate to love someone and in the same sick sense love to hate them. And how much you might blame yourself or get frustrated, for them not letting YOU in. So, hate evil and be sincere and cling to what is good. We are all hypocrites, I know I definitely am.

At this point my eyes skipped to verse 20.

20. On the contrary:
"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."[e]
21. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Be humbled and walk like Jesus walked. One of my favorite quotes is "Go into the world and preach the gospel, use words if necessary." St. Francis of Assisi

Then my eyes ventured over to verse 2

2. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Okay...honestly! So good!

Romans 12 is meaty, I encourage you to read it over and over and over again.

No comments: