Saturday, March 15, 2008

Lately...

Anytime anyone says anything about New York, my ear leans to listen intently. I miss that place so much! And I only lived there for 3 months. One of these days, I will go back and you know what, it won't be the same...unfortunately nothing is really ever the same. But we can always have a an experience that tops the last. I can picture it...flying back, we round over the Atlantic ocean as I see the shape of Manhattan in the distance. We land in Brooklyn take the E and 7 train to Grand Central Station. While on the subway we are underground then above ground then underground. I get off the train and walk though the terminal, as I hear the melodies of un-published artists singing and playing their choice of instruments because their life depends on it, with passion for something other than hearing their own voices. I finally make it to the outside. I step out and take a deep breath of something amazing! A city of people with amazing things and places to offer. Yes I am still talking about New York. But! I run back in to Grand Central, because I forgot my favorite cheesecake. Also because I need to take another train. I get on the North Haven train to Connecticut. To go visit my Aunts. Can be continued...




That would be such an ideal trip. To go back to New York and feel the joy and freedom I had there. Why is New York more magical to me than other places? Probably like Israel, the people are diverse and there are so many things to learn there, plus a presence.

Lately, New York has been on my mind a lot. I finally ordered a cheese cake from Juniors, My dad is going to be going back to a Yankee's game soon, I believe at the end of April AND we deal with a lot of clients at work from NY, also the The World Trade Center tragedy...now I was googling some stuff on it and found this video which was exactly what I was looking for. Why? I don't know. I think it is truely a miracle how tragedy can show glory. That day God was there...



Visiting Ground Zero when I was live there was so peaceful. I know, how could it be peaceful, right, so many people died there. Well, as I said the Lord was there. Through this tragedy many great and not so great things have come out of it. Strength, endurance, knowing we aren't alone and we need something greater than this world. That is what I feel when I go to New York, something greater than me. But the most important thing I have learned from this is faith. Faith in something greater than us that is backed up by archaeological, historical truth that coincides with the Bible, the Word of God. If you have ANY emotion to this video, that means you are a live with a conscious. Where does that conscious come from? Only you can seek, find and listen to the right answers.

As I watch this video, I see things that I have physically seen. My mind runs back to the buildings which still to this day have boards on them. Architecture still ruined and waiting to be fixed. The feel of the earth still but wasn't so still. Man's terror getting cleaned up by peace.

Have you ever wondered what you would have done if you were in the towers just about to die. Some people jumped out of the building! I could never do that! Me, personally, I would get some paper and write on it. John 3:17-21

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

I would make paper airplanes and send them out into the streets of hysteria. You might say why only John 3:17-21 and not 3:16? Well how many of us know 3:16 and not 17-21.

I know each airplane would have a purpose in making it to someone who needed it. Now, yes I would be freaking out because I am about to die, but with me being a Christian sometimes we have to accept our death on this earth and make the best of it. I have had many dreams of me being in elevators, airplanes, situations where I am going to die and you know what, I am so use to them now, in my dream I start to pray. When believers die we go home. I know not freaking out is easier said than done, but to not be rational when you are about to die is like eating dill pickles on top of rocky road ice cream. It is do able but many people don't think of eating it.

We have on life, live it with know why you are here, understand your purpose.

1 comment:

Ben & Toy said...

Hello Cassie is see you made it back out here to the east and enjoyed New York again. Keep up the good work and your blessings will continue.

Be Blessed