Thursday, June 14, 2007

Vegas Nights :)

One of the greatest things I love about Vegas is the summer nights. Last night I went out to dinner with the O-Man. Omar and I are very different people but yet the same. We both have gone through many of the same trials in life and are able to speak to one another and understand what each other needs. Nice!

Today was a difficult day. I am not feeling really well due to allergies, darn you allergies and there was some situations that needed attention. But the Lord has his hand in all of it, so I need to stop worrying. I am still learning how to not control many situations.

I called Omar to see if he wanted to meet up tonight, since last night I was a Grandma, as he would put it, and didn't go to a concert he invited me to. The time change is killing me, I am a morning person am not really a concert buff. I ended up going to bed at 7pm! My only justification on this one, was it was 10pm east coast time. Grrr...

I got a hold of Omar and he met me at a store I was at. We looked around, then we went back to his house so he could let his dog out, before we went to dinner. His dog...ummm kind of took a pee pee on my foot! He was so excited to see people he couldn't hold it. Lol! It washed off easily. Also I finally saw Omar's new place since he moved, very nice. Then we were off to dinner.

As we were eating some of Omar's friends from his High School days came in the restaurant and we invited them to sit with us. We all sat and talked for hours, it was nice to see Omar be himself from the old days and talk about high school.

During the evening Omar gave me some advice that I needed, needed, needed. I love friends who know how to speak to me and understand what is going on in my brain, brain, brain! In my mind I over analyze a lot. What can I say, I am a woman. Ooooh...burn. :) But when someone has faith in you, you tend to bounce back and believe in yourself again. Yes!

We left the restaurant. We get in Omar's car and I mention I love Vegas nights. Well! Omar puts his top down on his Mustang! Convertible time, YES! Great stuff! The temp is about 90 degrees with no humidity. You basically are sitting in stillness, in Vegas! No traffic, not much heat and a very well lit atmosphere. It is amazing!

My conclusion for the day/night. Home is not such a bad place, for awhile anyway. I am so thick headed I have to tell myself this everyday. It is all in God's hands so just surrender.

No comments: