Monday, October 18, 2010

Surrendering to the Lord always

Today is Monday and each day my life becomes a little less ordinary. Ever since December of 2009, I have felt a stirring in my life of discontent. In a year I have learned to trust the Lord more and become radical in my faith. I am quitting my job and stepping out in faith to see how I could be used by the Lord. Dying to self and worries everyday is on my breath and in my prayers. I have changes that need to happen in my life and the only person who can canon ball into the Jordan river, trusting the Lord will keep me safe around the rushing waters, is me. God will be there. I need to trust and step out in His strength. Remembering Psalm 125 and Hebrews 11:8.


Psalm 125

1 Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion,
which cannot be shaken but endures forever.
2 As the mountains surround Jerusalem,
so the LORD surrounds his people
both now and forevermore.

3 The scepter of the wicked will not remain
over the land allotted to the righteous,
for then the righteous might use
their hands to do evil.

4 Do good, O LORD, to those who are good,
to those who are upright in heart.

5 But those who turn to crooked ways
the LORD will banish with the evildoers.
Peace be upon Israel.

Hebrews 11:8
8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.

No comments: